- GM meetings run Tuesday and Weds. but most GMs stay there the whole week.
- Most teams lay out the frame work for trades this week and complete or revisit them by the Winter Meetings in December.
- Hendry is looking to make two or three solid additions rather than one big splash.
- The Cubs top target is to trade for Adrian Gonzalez, there 2nd choice is Carlos Pena if he comes at a better price (cheaper than Dunn).
- If the Cubs fail to get one of the two they will turn there attention to stop gaps like Adam LaRoche, Aubrey Huff, Nick Johnson, Lance Berkman, and Lyle Overbay.
- Westbrook, Millwood, and Vazquez have made the Cubs watch list.
- Jim will try desperately to unload Fukudome, even for another bad contract. Luis Castillo for Fukudome or Oliver Perez for Fukudome deals has been rumored. Along with Fukudome for Gil Meche.
Until Next time…..