- Noah Lowry is set to throw for teams Tuesday and is seeking a one year deal. According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN their will be about 15 teams in attendance that include the Reds, Cards, Braves, Astros, M's, and yes the Cubs. If his session goes well, there is not a doubt in my mind that the Cubs should offer him a Major League contract with a small base and incentives. He would provide the Cubs will a low risk high reward pitcher to battle for the 5th spot in the rotation.
- Three teams are in on Orlando Hudson according to Fox Sports. The Nats and Rays are pursuing Hudson and a mystery team is in the mix. Some say it is the Twins or Rockies. I would not be surprised if it is the Cubs. The rumor floating around is that Hudson is willing to sign a similar deal that he did last season which is 3.38 million guaranteed with tons of incentives. The Twins and Rockies have their sites around a 2 million dollar base and it is unknown what the Nats and Rays are offering. The Cubs currently need a top of the order guy that can play good 2nd base, if they sign Hudson, they would have one. It would also give the Cubs trade bait in the form of Fontenot, Blanco, or Baker.
- The Cubs officially signed Chad Tracy to a minor league deal. I expect him to make the team out of Spring Training.
- The Cubs avoided arbitration with Sean Marshall by signing him to a one year deal worth 950,00K. Theriot and Marmol are the only players left unsigned.
Latest From Levine-
- Fukudome will start in RF unless they can find another bat that can hit the top of the lineup.
- He said Theriot will be the starting 2nd baseman out of ST with Castro making the team at SS.
- Jim will look to the bullpen now, Luke Gregerson looks like a realistic trade.
- Rich Hill signed a minor league contract with the Cards.
Until Next Time...